Marble strange behaviours

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jun 15 06:29:46 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 10:25:01AM -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:

> > bug. It
> > the
> > Marble
> > > >

> > > If marble used sane state checkings for the flying this would work.
> > > Maybe we could also update marble code on subsurface? We are using the
> > > marble from two versions ago, and tons of bugs were fixed.
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > That's the downside of having your own branch. Maintenance work.
> > I'll add it to my short list of tasks that I need to take care of :-)
> >

> We can always push this upstream too. All work that you had was to remove
> things we didn't wanted and prepare marble to be a proper library - they
> want the 'proper library' part.

I'm not sure that's a mountain I want to climb. My changes are mostly
quick and dirty. I remove MASSIVE parts of the code that Subsurface
doesn't care about. It would be a big project to take this all and make it
reasonable for upstream to accept.

I definitely do not have the time to tackle that right now.

But I'll look into moving things forward to the latest version.