Dive Site Duplicates [was Re: Dive site management on daily build 4.4.2.669]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jun 15 06:32:10 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 03:27:01PM +0200, Davide DB wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, please. I'd really appreciate this. Subsurface should have created a
> > V2 backup file when you did the conversion.
>
> I'm full of logbook files on my box.
> Unfortunately, in a moment of euphoria,  I added my last ten dives
> only to V3 logbook, so now I'm forced to stick with it until fixed :)

No, it's easy. Export those last ten dives to their own XML file.

Then open the V2 file again to get the latest importer.

Now import the 10 dives.

Save the result under a new name. Run diff against the two files to see
what changed :-)

> >> I had three dives for the same location name and GPS. They were merged
> >> correctly but for every die it added a countrytag into the notes
> >> (three dives = three countrytags)
> >
> > Yes, I've seen this in my tests as well. Definitely a bug that's not
> > fixed, yet - but then we are changing that part of the dive site
> > implementation, anyway.
>
> I'm trying to dig all of our email for a recap on dive site management

I know that Tomaz has a ton of stuff implemented. I'm waiting for him to
send patches so we can get a much more functional version into master.
What we have right now is a not nearly good enough.

I'm actually surprised that Linus did send out a massive scream about it.
His comments were very moderate :-)