Dive Planner

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 06:48:30 PDT 2015

I am testing the planner on the latest git (v4.4.2-740-gb144518a85f1).  The
profile appears to be calculated correctly, but the table output is giving
a misleading gas switching depth when the 'display transitions in deco'
option is not selected.

Using EAN80, the switch should be at the 9 m stop, but unless 'display
transitions in deco' has been selected, the table output (in dive notes
once saved) puts it at 6 m.  The profile plot has the gas switch icon at
the start of the 9 m stop.

Subsurface dive plan
based on GFlow = 45 and GFhigh = 85

depth    runtime    duration    gas
44m    1min    1min    air
44m    25min    24min
15m    30min    5min
12m    35min    4min
9m    38min    3min
6m    50min    11min    EAN80
0m    52min    2min

(apologies for the poor table formatting - I'm trying to avoid html but
gmail isn't letting me paste a real tab character)

When the 'display transitions in deco' option is selected, the gas change
is at 9 m, where it should be.

depth    runtime    duration    gas
44m    1min    1min    air
44m    25min    24min
15m    28min    3min
15m    30min    2min
12m    31min    0min
12m    35min    4min
9m    35min    0min    EAN80
9m    38min    3min
6m    39min    0min
6m    50min    11min
0m    52min    2min

This didn't appear to be an issue when using 50% and 100% for deco.  The
gas switches are displayed at the correct (21 m and 6 m) stops.

I also note that the table isn't displayed at all while in dive plan mode.
I assume either that will be fixed for the next release (please do), or the
dive plan details box will be removed.