Current subsurface issues..

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Jun 15 11:51:52 PDT 2015

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Jef Driesen <jef at libdivecomputer.org> wrote:

> You're looking for DC_SAMPLE_RBT. This name has its roots in the Uwatec
> devices and means "Remaining Bottom Time". The Uwatec manual describes it as
> follows:

Ok. Is the argument in minutes? The EON Steel seems to give seconds remaining..

I can add it trivially to libdivecomputer, although right now
subsurface just ignores DC_SAMPLE_RBT. So we'd have to add it to our
sample structure etc, like the heartbeat and bearing thing we already
do save. I'd argue that airtime reporting from the dive computer is no
less important, even if it's just a heuristic based on pressure and we
could just make up our own calculations if we wanted to..

                  Linus