Cloud storage and web view

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jun 17 19:28:20 PDT 2015

So while there are still some rough edges, I think this is taking shape quite nicely.

I've seen five of you have tested the cloud storage so far - thanks for doing that.
If you run into any problem, please post about them - I fixed a few more bugs,
saving to the cloud storage should work more reliably now. And for a number of
"interesting" reasons I got to test the account creation a couple more times so
that should work quite well by now as well.

The new feature I want to brag about today is what so far I'm calling the
Subsurface web view (but I'm hoping that someone will come up with a better
name for it). This is 99% Gehad's work, I just put the pieces together and made
this all work as a headless server process.

What does it do? Once you have a cloud storage account and save data to it,
every time you save your data an html export is triggered. And then you can
access your dives in a browser (protected with the same user/password as
the web storage itself).

https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/user/<email-address>/dives.html <https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/user/%3Cemail-address%3E/dives.html>

Once you log in you'll get our standard HTML export view (this here is in Trips mode).

There are quite a few issues that I note (sort order, etc), but at least I fixed
things so that imperial units work (for them silly Americans), and a few other
oddities that were mostly caused by the UI not running and therefore a few
data structure not being filled as expected.

And the profile looks a little bare, but hey, it's a start.

Anyway, give it a try, let me know what you think. And if someone with better
design skills than me wants to work on the theming / CSS - that might be good. :-)