[Patch] Fix planner notes gas change output logic

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 02:41:03 PDT 2015

On 18 June 2015 at 10:55, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:

> Rick,
>
> On 18.06.2015, at 08:49, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For the option ignoring transitions, what do you think of having a zero
> duration segment, but not including the preceding ascent segment.  That way
> we put the gas change at the correct depth, but indicate by a zero duration
> that there isn't a stop required.
>

> that sounds like a good idea. Just one thing: When not displaying
> transitions, the “duration” is not only the time of the stop but includes
> the time to get to that depth (so the sum of the durations add up to the
> runtime). So, taking that into account only displaying a zero length stop
> while for the duration using the time since leaving the previous stop is
> just equivalent to what I was suggesting ;-)

If I remember correctly we had this discussion when we started building the
planner, if we should present a gas switch as a forced 1min stop at the
switch depth if no deco time was needed at the depth of the switch.
As it will take some time for all team members to switch according to
no-tox procedures.

/Jocke