Cloud storage and web view

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jun 18 06:14:06 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 03:10:08PM +0200, Joakim Bygdell wrote:

> > On 18 Jun 2015, at 14:56, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 07:28:20PM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> >> So while there are still some rough edges, I think this is taking shape quite nicely.
> >>
> >> I've seen five of you have tested the cloud storage so far - thanks for doing that.
> >> If you run into any problem, please post about them - I fixed a few more bugs,
> >> saving to the cloud storage should work more reliably now. And for a number of
> >> "interesting" reasons I got to test the account creation a couple more times so
> >> that should work quite well by now as well.
> >
> > I see a few more people testing. A couple of comments:
> >
> > - for those who used this before last night (Robert, Thomas, David, Jocke,
> >  Willem) - you will need to save a change to the cloud storage before a
> >  new export to HTML is triggered... I guess I could have run this
> >  manually for each repository... actually, why don't I do that
> >
> > - Gaetan - I see a few hundred requests from you with failed
> >  authorization. Was this a bug somewhere or a hacking attempt? :-)
> >
> > - In general, if you test and things don't work as you expect, please
> >  discuss this here so I can either explain or fix the bugs…
>
> Did a quick test.
> The dive numbers don’t match with the dates.
> The last dive by date should also have the highest number, logically that is.

Yes, I noticed that as well when playing around with it. I was going to
ask Gehad about this and then forgot. Thanks for bringing it up!

> Seems like the export doesn’t care about the numbers in my log book and always starts from 1.

Since mine starts with 1 I didn't see that. But there's an option for the
exporter to "use Subsurface numbers" and I forgot to set that. My guess is
that would fix this issue.

I'll play with this (and try to track down a weird crash in the headless
exporter that I observed while trying to force an export for everyone who
has an account)