[Patch] Fix planner notes gas change output logic

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Thu Jun 18 06:26:54 PDT 2015

On 18 June, 2015 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 02:57:59PM +0200, Anton Lundin wrote:

> > > In TDI training you will switch to your "low" deco gas as deep as
> > > possible, usually before the first stop. We often dive with trimix, EAN40,
> > > EAN80 and the switch to EAN40 will be at 80'/25m or 100'/30m (depending on
> > > whether you decided on pO₂ of 1.4 or 1.6 for the deco gas). Which tends to
> > > be before the first stop.
> > >

> > I don't really see why some training agencies push such a policy,
> > especially if the mod is quite a bit deeper than the fist stop.
> >
> > We usually just switch at whatever the fist stop after the mod of the
> > deco gas is. No reason to stop the whole team and do the switch.
>
> Switch is done in transition. No stop. And the rationale is to start
> breathing the higher O2 as early as possible.

In my view those 1-2 minutes doesn't matter. If you'd like add a minute
3m / 10ft below your fist stop and do the switch there.

> > I know that some divers "on the fly" but I'd say thats a really bad
> > idea. Which gas you're breathing is really important and we always
> > require the other team members to verify the gas switch before starting
> > to breath that gas.
>
> Yeah, that's not part of the procedures we teach. For better or worse.

Wät. Are you relying on markings on the regs or what to know which gas
is which too?

Here is the headmaster showing some pupils how a propper gas switch is
done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw8pp7aqsZY

Thats the way we do our gas switches.

//Anton - anyhow, not that related to Subsurface =)

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604