Cloud storage and web view

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 18 06:57:37 PDT 2015

Below, my first try with the cloud storage.

On 18-06-15 04:28, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> I've seen five of you have tested the cloud storage so far - thanks
> for doing that.
> If you run into any problem, please post about them - I fixed a few
> more bugs,
> saving to the cloud storage should work more reliably now. And for a
> number of
> "interesting" reasons I got to test the account creation a couple more
> times so
> that should work quite well by now as well.

On my desktop machine. I use (for a long time already) the local git
store as my primary data store for ssrf. Today, I filled the preferences
for the cloud store and received the PIN correctly, and activated the
cloud store (apparently) successfully. Did "save to cloud" and after
that "open cloud". The cloud seems to be populated with my divelog. That
is, restarting ssrf, open cloud manually (did not default to cloud
open), and the correct divelog shows.

However. The
https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/user/<myemailadress>/dives.html
<https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/user/%3Cemail-address%3E/dives.html>
reports (after logging in with correct credentials) a 404.

Further, started on a second notebook from scratch. So no local log
data, not even a ssrf installation. Installed the latest master (build
myself), and ran ssrf. Started setting cloud preferences. Authenticated
correctly. No PIN (as expected, because logging in with already
activated credentials).  Open cloud, and the log shows, so pulled data
from the cloud. I see numerous issues on the notebook after opening the
cloud (and at this point unclear to me whether is is related to the
cloud store (or the location management for example)):
- 1 specific divesite is missing. Apparently, there is some data
corruption, that does not show on the desktop, but does show on the
notebook.
- The location list is not filled.
- a save to cloud results in error "No user name in git repo, creating
commit failed".

In addition. commit 7cf3ebc2f7b6 seems to introduce a SIGSEGV:
strcmp(existing_filename, remote) aborts for remote=0

Both desktop and notebook are running Arch Linux.

best,

--jan