next round of updates

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jun 19 05:53:05 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 02:36:11PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 19 June 2015 at 09:08, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> > More work is clearly needed
> >
> > - HTML export: I fixed a few issues, for one thing we now start with a
> >   sane sort order (newest first, sorted by date), but the sort order is
> >   still very odd in trip mode (just switch to trip mode and click on
> >   expand all and it should be quite obvious
> >
> > - missing user configuration in git repository: that one should be fixed
> >
> > - Windows issues: XP doesn't include the root cert for the SSL signing
> >   authority that I used. I need to figure our how people can download and
> >   install that certificate
> >
> > - but even on newer Windows that includes the right root cert things still
> >   don't work. Subsurface crashes in libgit2. I have switched the daily
> >   build to be a debug build in hopes to get better data but now my Windows
> >   VM crashed hard and doesn't want to restart.
>
> i wish i had more time to help here...

So do I :-)

> the entire OS crashing because of Subsurface seems unlikely but if
> that's the case then it's doing something *very bad* in user space.

No, I think that was just a unlucky coincidence. Running several VMs at
the same time I think VMWare Fusion got the hickups. Some googling showed
that the recommended solution was to reboot the Mac and after I did that
the Windows VM happily booted again.

I gave up last night but am planning to get a debugger set up on Windows
to step into libgit2 and figure out what's going on there.