[Patch] Fix planner notes gas change output logic

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Fri Jun 19 08:06:36 PDT 2015

(Managed to send this email to Dirk only from my cell, so i re-send it
here)

On 19 June, 2015 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 07:57:56PM +1000, Rick Walsh wrote:
>
> > Yes, if there is a minimum stop time in the calculated profile, the issue
> > of 0min stops goes away - it makes executing the dive as well as outputting
> > the plan easier.  An alternative (option) would be to postpone the gas
> > switch until the first deco stop as Anton prefers.
>
> No, please don't do that. It would make Subsurface a lot less useful for
> divers trained differently. Given the way I tend to do my tech dives,
> having the 1 minute stop in my plan wouldn't make any difference. Not
> being able to switch to the deco gas fairly deep would be a deal killer.

For me it doesn't matter. The plan is still the same. (Yea, maybe a
minute or two on the runtime, but that's still less than the difference
between plan and reality.)

> The site where we are teaching new tech divers is a shore diving site with
> a fairly gradual slope. It takes quite a while to come up because you need
> to cover a fair bit of horizontal difference. You actually WANT to change
> to your first deco gas around its MOD.

In such a case i agree. Switch at mod.

The difference is if you're just accending or if you're swimming. The swimming
case is a way slower accent, so the earlier switch matters.

Most/all of my deep diving is done on wrecks with just a shot line. Then
it makes no sens stopping before just for a gas switch.

I checked some logs and with the ruler measured our average accent speed
on the first leg, and we're usually doing 10-15 m/min on our way to the
fist stop. On a sandy-slope-dive we managed to reach 5 m/min accent
speed and we where swimming like crazy up from 60m.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604