[PULL REQUEST] GSoC Printing: part 2

Gehad Elrobey gehadelrobey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 20:19:15 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So this is the second batch of patches for this GSoC task.
>
> Here Gehad has added another template which is the "one dive per page",
> some
> minor fixes and renames here and there and also support for printing on any
> page size (or "render target" size).
>
> Also good news is that I'm now actually able to use Grantlee properly
> on Windows and the printouts are rendered. Also the NO_PRINTING option
> actually
> works this time.
>
> Gehad, a couple of things:
>
> - Again, I did some capitalization fixes and fixed small typos in the
> commit messages. Nothing big.
>
> - Patch headings such as "Printing: " should then preferably be followed
> with a lower case word e.g. "Printing: something in this patch" instead of
> "Printing: Something in this patch"

I'll take care of this in my coming commit messages.

> - It would be great if you can implement the Print->Preview dialog that we
> had, since that was very useful not to generate a PDF to be able to view
> how it *actually* renders.

I am planing to implement the preview dialog in the "TemplateEdit" class so
I think this will be finished in the next two weeks.

> - Supporting the "print selected dives" properly is easy to implement and
> nice to have while testing.

I am going to work on this in the current week.

> - Not sure we have discussed a "Statistics print" for GSoC. Is this
> something
> which came from user requests - e.g. from IRC?

That was mentioned in the proposal, we can cancel this feature if you would
suggest this.

> - Can you update us with your TODO list or at least with the next few
> steps out
> of it?

here is my list:
- Fixing the dive profile rendering bugs (mentioned in a previous email).
- Implementing the flow layout template.
- Implement the remaining features in the "PrintOptions" class (Including
"print selected dives" option).
- Implement the "TemplateEdit" Class (Including the print preview).

--
regards,

Gehad