Cloud storage and web view

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jun 22 05:20:52 PDT 2015

Hi Jan,

thanks for testing!

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 11:14:55AM +0200, Jan Mulder wrote:

> I did some testing. My log did not contain any pictures, so I added one
> picture to one dive. Working locally, I saved, and after that forced a save
> to cloud. Opened the cloud storage, and the picture does show correctly (on
> the desktop machine that has the picture on disk).

Yes, that has always worked because we simply save the reference to the
local file path in the cloud. So opening on the same machine gives you the
existing path back and all is good.

> Went to the cloud website, see that the modified dive is correctly stored.
> However, I do not see any reference to the stored picture. Checked the HTML
> source, and see that there is a <div id="divephotos">. This does not show
> any pictures (eg. the one picture I added to one dive).
>
> Checked on a second machine. Open cloud in ssrf. I do not see the picture. I
> do see the reference to the picture (including the path it is stored (on
> hover on the " photos" tab) on the (first) desktop machine. I also see a
> "dot"  where the small thumbnail in the profile is shown. Verified that ssrf
> is looking at the location of the picture on the originating machine.
> Verified the local cache and see the file (for the specific dive), in the
> Pictures subdir. It contains a reference to the picture on the originating
> machine (so no actual image). Off course, I might be confused how it is
> supposed to work, but I expected an image in the local cache.
>
> Off course, above test with latest master :-)

I took the liberty of looking at your git repository and I can see that
you saved twice with -853 and that Subsurface decided not to upload the
picture to the remote server (and that of course prevented the HTML export
from working).

Now I need to figure out what Subsurface didn't push the picture... it did
for me in my test with two different accounts.

Dirk "Bugs Are Us" investigating...