Questions related to the dive profile widget

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 05:28:56 PDT 2015

On 22 June 2015 at 14:43, Gehad Elrobey <gehadelrobey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some questions regarding the dive profile widget, as currently I am
> integrating the dive profile with the print module.
>
> when I change the font scale of the dive profile using setFontPrintScale()
> the dive computer name is stuck unchanged, until the dive computer string is
> changed by selecting another dive/trip. I am not sure if this is a bug or I
> don't understand the API correctly, I have attached a picture that shows the
> described behavior.
>
> Also the grid behind the dive profile is not changed using
> setFontPrintScale(). And with some printing resolutions wide white lines
> appear in the background that corrupts the view, Is there some API that can
> change the grid width? I have also attached a picture that shows this.

see if the profile item diveComputerText in ProfileWidget2 obeys the
print scale of (fontPrintScale). probably not.

the big lines thing smells like a Qt bug which is still present in
Qt5.x; see my comment here, experiment with that solution or find
alternatives:
https://github.com/torvalds/subsurface/commit/1cff998f8412218fd2447f390eadf05b2ea9ae34#diff-751fa8bb6601c4bd7a5827e6ed74360bL202

the downside of that QImage solution was that it rasterizes the
profile on Linux.

lubomir