dive site management enhancements (request)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jun 22 06:00:07 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 05:42:33PM +0800, Miika Turkia wrote:
> I have just tested out companion app on iPhone and this brings a few
> enhancement requests. Some of these might already have been discussed,
> but with poor Internet and heavy diving I cannot keep up with the bit
> life :D
>
> - Allow editing of multiple sites on divesite management. E.g. when
> selecting a few days worth of dives, it would be nice to be able to
> add names to these all with one go, seeing all the selected dives on
> divelist and switching between them. (I used the automated mode when
> recording GPS coordinates.)

Not sure how the UI for that would work. Can you explain a bit more?

> - Some indication of the coordinates available on the notes pane next
> to the selected site name

Again, I don't understand what that means.

> - Possibility to clear added Location (e.g. first item on the list empty)
> - I am not able to store trip location

Known bugs

> - The order of the dive sites changes between saves on XML log

Ok, that should be easy to fix.

> - When adding a divesite from the plus sign on notes, one has to
> restart Subsurface for it to be added to the list of available sites
> (and to actually assign it to the "currently selected dive")

Yeah, Tomaz is working on that whole flow...

> - Segmentation fault when adding divesite from the divesite management
> feature  - stack trace below
> - Selecting coordinates from the map is close to impossible (at least
> when on divesite management)

Odd - this is the one thing that works fairly well for me.
I did fix a weird bug in the double click handling yesterday, but that
should only affect the first time you click on the globe...
Are you working with latest master or something older?

> And one extra from DC download:
> - When I first download from air integrated Vyper, and next from
> Stinger (with no idea of cylinders), I get a bunch of error messages
> "different number of gases (1) and tanks (0)", the order of numbers
> might change occasionally. I assume there is one error line for each
> downloaded dive.

That's very odd. I've never seen that. Need to poke around in the sources
to figure out what that means.