dive site management enhancements (request)

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 02:54:05 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 10:13 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 12:47:34PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

>> > Not sure how the UI for that would work. Can you explain a bit more?
>>
>> So I don't know what Anton had in mind, but from my experience last
>> week, what *I* would like to see is:
>>
>>  - when downloading the GPS data, do something very similar to the
>> "dive download" window, where you list the dives that have matched up
>> to new GPS information *before* applying the state.
>>
>>  - but in addition to the dive list (and the checkboxes so that you
>> can select to use downloaded GPS locations for only a subset of the
>> dives), you'd have a text-entry box to name the new sites.
>
> Oh wow, that is a cool idea. I really like that.
> If that kernel hacking thing doesn't work out for you, maybe you could go
> into user interface design. On second thought, never mind.
> (I need to see if I can still build Subsurface 1.0...)

This is a nice addition but I hope it doesn't change what we already envised :)
IMHO the dialog should not list the dives but dive sites because gps
are added to dive sites not dives.

I agree with Miika that having a gps fix symbol near the dive would be nice.
Even on a column in the dive sites list.