cloud sync GUI hang

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jun 23 06:09:24 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 05:05:42PM +0800, Miika Turkia wrote:
> The cloud sync (at least when started from File menu) hangs the GUI
> for forever. At least with my current 1 bit per minute Internet
> connection. I think this is also the initial push to the cloud so
> quite a bit of data transfer going on. Anyway, a background thread
> would be great for this sync. (I am not sure which setting I have
> selected under the preferences for syncing in background, nor whether
> changing that would solve the issue.)

The wording "in the background" is completely bogus.
This was in response to the "only syncs when OPENING the git repository,
but not when you save it". Needs to be rephrased.

Yes, this needs to move into a thread, it needs a UI that shows progress
(especially if people sync big pictures over slow network) and it needs a
way to cancel the sync...