BT support, brief tests

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 14:04:21 PDT 2015

First of all, thanks for the feedback and for the patch.

UI seems to work, I see my local device, I see the OSTC Sport, I can pair
> it and then it shows that it's paired and allows me to save things.

Your OSTC Sport device doesn't require a PIN code for pairing? I ask this
because mine requires one and in parallel I have to open the keyboard
agent from *bluetoothctl* tool to prompt for the pin code. Anyway, if it
says
that the devices are paired it is good.

> But then when I click download it shows "initializing" and everything
> hangs. Or at other attempts it shows "0%" and hangs.
> Can't close the dialog, have to kill Subsurface.
>
> Running this under the debugger it seems to be hanging in qt_serial_open
> on the loop.exec() call (in the Download thread).  We definitely need to
> start a timer and connect it to the quit slot of that connection as well.
>
> I tried a few different things but I can't seem to make it past that
> loop.exec() call. Not quite sure where to take this, next.

This is strange. I didn't reproduce this problem. On my environment
when the connection fails it raises an error and I can try again. I didn't
use a timer because if something goes wrong I expect to catch a
*BluetoothSocket* error and to unblock the QEventLoop. So I was
counting on the internal timeout used for the connect operation.

I would be useful if you can start the *hcidump *tool in order to catch
the HCI events. Also you can enable the QtBluetooth logging using the
following call in the main function:

*QLoggingCategory::setFilterRules(QStringLiteral("qt.bluetooth* = true"));*

If there is nothing interesting in the logs, please give me some details
about the environment you use and I will try to reproduce it.