Subsurface dependencies not met on Ubuntu Vivid

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 01:44:56 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Gobbledegeek <gobbledegeek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Subsurface team,
> I am unable to install the subsurface supplied with ubuntu package manager
> as there seem to be some unmet dependencies.
>
> subsurface:
>  Depends: libdivecomputer0 but it is not going to be installed
>  Depends: libmarblewidget19 (>=4:4.13.90) but it is not installable
>  Depends: subsurface-data but it is not going to be installed
>
> Is this fix something you folks  can push to the Ubuntu repo or do I need to
> contact the Ubuntu team for it?

We are not able to directly affect the package and dependencies
available on official Ubuntu repositories. However, we do have our own
Launchpad site that we recommend using instead of the "official Ubuntu
packages". This way we can keep the software up-to-date and we can
provide working dependencies (e.g. modified or specific versions of
certain libraries). Our Launchpad info is available at our website:
http://subsurface-divelog.org/download/ (note that we are 2 minor
releases ahead of official Ubuntu packages)

And the answer to your question is, please, contact the Ubuntu team
for updates for the official packages and their dependencies.

miika