great progress on dive site handling

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 15:35:25 PDT 2015

> On 27 Jun 2015, at 20:49, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 01:47:08PM +0800, Miika Turkia wrote:
>>> On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>>

>>> On Jun 26, 2015, at 22:19, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank you Tomaz and Dirk.
>>> I'm diving now, I will test it as I come back home.
>>>

>>> Thank you for taking the time to collect data to use in testing Subsurface.
>>> You and Miika both are role models. I need to do that more often.
>>> Oh wait, I was diving two days ago...
>>> :-)
>>
>> Here is something from a very quick test:
>>
>> - Not able to zoom into the map when in edit location mode. Have to
>> get rid of the popup to pick a site.
>
>> - I have to click right and select 'edit selected dive location' to
>> able to set a dive site. And then it zooms out. (marble is a few days
>> old, so this might have improved already)
>
> I experienced the same issue - it doesn't show the message that one can
> edit the site in the dive view anymore. That was an intentional change.
> But I don't understand why it zoomed out. Will look. I can reproduce that
>
>> - Dive site name edit goes to edit mode when focus is lost, not while editing
>
> Also noticed that. Easy to fix
>
>> - GPS coordinates from new dive are lost if selecting an old site with
>> no coordinates (new one GPS synced)
>
> Can you explain more? Do you mean the map view? That just takes a couple
> of seconds to reset. Or do you mean that the data in the dive site is
> lost? That would be bad.

I had the site on my log with only a name, no coordinates. Now I dove there again with companion app. Synced the GPS data and then selected the name of the dive site. This replaced all info from the old dive site, overwriting the gps with empty value.

I would prefer a merge where we take the values over empty fields, no matter which one is newer.

>> - It would be great if the currently selected divesite was highlighted
>> somehow on the map, it is really hard to spot it now when the sites
>> are close to each other, maybe the dive map changed or something to
>> ensure the correct spot is recognized.
>
> That has been unchanged for a long time. I'll think about something.

Yes, I have suffered from it for years :) Anyway, it is more prominenet when using the companion app and trying to see where the last dive was..

miika