great progress on dive site handling

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jun 27 18:42:21 PDT 2015

> On Jun 27, 2015, at 6:39 PM, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 6:32 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> Why would you do such a thing. You download your dives from your dive
>> computer. You enter the names of the dive sites. Then you download the GPS
>> data. What is the semantic of loading GPS data for sites that don't have
>> names?
>
> You never bothered to read the emails you answered to and yelled at me
> for not testing, did you?
>
> Let me quote the relevant part again.
>
>  "The thing is, it absolutely *has* to work with downloading the GPS
> coordinates first, because that's often what you use for getting the
> site name"

I read it. And I find it a ridiculous work flow. Which is what
I stated.

Whatever. You do what you always do. You delete everything
that you don't want to acknowledge, pick the one thing you
want to pick on and are done.

None of my explanations matter. As long as the one thing you
want is clear as the thing you want.

Whatever, Linus.