[QtBluetooth] Help for testing HW_OSTC3 and SHEARWATER families

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 14:50:39 PDT 2015

Hello,

I need some help to test if the native serial implementation
works after the changes I did on the libdivecomputer project.

If you have a device from HW_OSTC3 or SHEARWATER families
please take the first 7 patches and apply them on the libdivecomputer
branch.

Unfortunately I don't have a SHEARWATER device so the only think
I did was to make sure that the sources compile after my modifications.

If you have a dive computer with Bluetooth support you can take the
the last 4 patches[*] and apply them on the Subsurface branch.
The Bluetooth support should work on Linux/OS X platforms.

For devices that require a custom PIN code on the pairing
step you should start a keyboard agent. One possible solution is
to use *bluetoothctl* tool and to run the following commands:
*# agent KeyboardOnly*
*# default-agent*

Also it would be useful if you could run the *hcidump *tool in
background.

Thanks,
Claudiu

[*] Just to be sure that there is no confusion, the following patches
should be applied on Subsurface project:
- 0001-Add-checkbox-and-button-for-Bluetooth-download-mode.patch
- 0002-Add-a-new-dialog-which-can-be-use-to-select-the-Blue.patch
- 0003-Implement-the-custom-Bluetooth-serial-communication-.patch
- 0004-Enable-QtBluetooth-logging.patch