great progress on dive site handling

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 16:24:33 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 12:06 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 06:21:59PM +0800, Miika Turkia wrote:
>> Well, seems that the recent changes prevent me from accessing the dive
>> site management. ("Log - Manage dive sites" does nothing for me.)
>
> Yep, that's temporarily disabled.
>
>> I also got incorrect GPS fix for a dive, but deleting the site
>> manually and re-syncing GPS fixed that. I have no idea how that
>> happened. Or could it be that the phone had not synced the sites and
>> last morning fix was used instead of the afternoon ones?
>
> I'd need to know the exact steps that got you there.
> I thought my rewrite of the matching logic was pretty robust. I'd say that
> as long as you have reasonably frequent fixes you should get decent GPS
> coordinates.

I'll try again this evening, but from memory:
- Download first DC
- Download second DC
- Sync GPS
- Edit Location name for the morning dive (third latest) - and this is
when the Location field was empty

I think the latest dive was handled properly but the other two were
not (downloaded 3 for yesterday)

miika