GSoC Status - Week 5 (Customizable prints)

Gehad Elrobey gehadelrobey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 17:53:35 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 29 June 2015 at 05:08, Gehad Elrobey <gehadelrobey at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > This week I was working on the list of tasks which I have discussed with
> > Lubomir.
> >
> > Tasks completed so far:
> > - QPrintPreviewDialog triggered from the main dialog
>
> nice
>
> > - add "print selected dives" support
>
> this one doesn't work for me. i have a massive test list of dives and
> with "print selected dives" not selected, i expect it to print the
> entire list, instead it prints only a single page with two dives.

That was working for me before I merged commit 094264014dc47, it seems that
amount_selected in display.h is not working as expected, I will look into
this and push a commit.

> > - print in colors or gray scale
>
> does not work. the profile is still printed in color no matter the
> print dialog selection.
> do you simply attempt to greyscale the profile image before rendering
> on the HTML?

I use QPrinter::setColorMode() which selects the color mode for the printer
to be RGB or Gray scale, anyway the output in the QPrintPreviewDialog is
always in RGB mode, while actual printing using the printer is working
correctly for me.

--
regards,

Gehad