[QtBluetooth] Help for testing HW_OSTC3 and SHEARWATER families

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 06:15:37 PDT 2015

Hi Claudiu,

On 30 June 2015 at 17:23, Claudiu Olteanu <
olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The thing is that when I try to connect to a device I use the UUID of the
> serial port profile. It shouldn't matter if the service is listening on a
> different channel because in backgorund it should execute a sdp query. It
> could be a problem from the framework or maybe there is something that I am
> missing. I will try to investigate this.

I can't claim to know how it works, but it appears that on my system at
least, QBluetoothUuid::SerialPort is being treated as the port number,
rather than the UUID.  To test my theory, I tried using
QBluetoothUuid::TcsBin, and it worked.  Clearly it shouldn't, except that
the value of TcsBin is 0x005 (http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qbluetoothuuid.html),
and my dive computer uses channel 5.  I don't know if the syntax is wrong,
or if this is a bug in qtconnectivity (5.4.1 on Fedora 22).

// Try to connect to the Serial Port Profile service
serial_port->socket->connectToService(QBluetoothAddress(devaddr),
QBluetoothUuid::TcsBin)

Rick