[QtBluetooth] Help for testing HW_OSTC3 and SHEARWATER families

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 12:16:42 PDT 2015

Hello,

> I can't claim to know how it works, but it appears that on my system at
> least, QBluetoothUuid::SerialPort is being treated as the port number,
> rather than the UUID.  To test my theory, I tried using
> QBluetoothUuid::TcsBin, and it worked.  Clearly it shouldn't, except that
> the value of TcsBin is 0x005 (http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qbluetoothuuid.html),
> and my dive computer uses channel 5.  I don't know if the syntax is wrong,
> or if this is a bug in qtconnectivity (5.4.1 on Fedora 22).

Damn! This is my mistake. I forgot to create an instance of a
QBluetoothUuid object and I used directly the enum. Therefore,
the second parameter was considered to be the port .
Thanks for your help, Rick! I couldn't figure it out without you.

I will send you an appropriate patch soon. Now I have to see
why he doesn't find the Serial Port Profile service. :)

Claudiu