[QtBluetooth] Help for testing HW_OSTC3 and SHEARWATER families

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:55:29 PDT 2015

I attached a patch which should resolve the issues regarding
the connection.

I know that this is not the ideal solution but I wanted to cover all cases.
First I try to make a connection using the UUID of a service.
If the timer expires and the device is in the ServiceLookupState, then
I extend the waiting time.
If the connection ends with a ServiceNotFoundError then I try to force
the connection on channel 1. If this doesn't work, I try again on channel
number 5.

I took this decision because the QBluetoothServiceDiscoveryAgent
cannot find the SPP service from my HW OSTCs device. I don't know
why. I captured the HCI events during the Qt service discovery proces
and they are identical with the ones raised by sdptool.
The interesting thing is that when I use my HW OSTC 2 device, the SPP
service is discovered.

If you want I can remove the part where it tries to initiate a connection
using SPP's uuid. I can try to make a connection on channel 1 and if
it fails I try again on channel number 5. This would work if the SPP
service is always listening on channel 1 or on channel 5.

Cheers,
Claudiu