Customizable Print Formats GSoC 2015

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 06:14:13 PST 2015

On 4 March 2015 at 16:05, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:

>> also, i don't understand Tomaz' idea about the Grantlee extension, so
>> perhaps we need to investigate into that as well.
>> it probably uses QTableView Qt's Model-View-X pattern, which i don't
>> like that much, yet Subsurface already uses it pretty much everywhere!
>

> Grantlee *is* a HTML + CSS template engine that integrates with Qt.
> it follows Django template scheme, so it's very flexible and easy to extend

yep, i did gather that previously.

> for instance, we could do something like this in grantlee:
>
> template.html
>
> <header> ... </header>
>    < h1 > {{ dive.where }} </h1>
>    < h2 > {{ dive.buddy }} </h2>
>
> ( yes, very short example )
>
> and let the grantlee template system do it's magic.

i don't understand what the output of Grantlee template generator is;
is it a data model for a QTableView that then can be rendered to an
image, is it an image, or something else?
BTW Gehad, if you want, you can start experimenting with Grantlee. I
have it complied on Windows so perhaps you can try setuping a simple
TestGrantlee POC package for Qt5 to show everyone how it fits our
needs?

> I'm -1 for depending on tex because it's a huge package and a mess to
> install it on windows

if we can get your idea to work then we can use it for printing, while
the TeX export is still viable as a separate feature.

> Quite a lot of the issues we had on the painter side was when we depended on
> Qt4, since now we are depending on qt5 we can look if the issues are still
> happening.

hopefully true.

lubomir