Customizable Print Formats GSoC 2015

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 08:55:21 PST 2015

On 4 March 2015 at 16:31, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> > Grantlee *is* a HTML + CSS template engine that integrates with Qt.
>> > it follows Django template scheme, so it's very flexible and easy to
>> > extend
>> >

>> yep, i did gather that previously.
>>
>> > for instance, we could do something like this in grantlee:
>> >
>> > template.html
>> >
>> > <header> ... </header>
>> >    < h1 > {{ dive.where }} </h1>
>> >    < h2 > {{ dive.buddy }} </h2>
>> >
>> > ( yes, very short example )
>> >
>> > and let the grantlee template system do it's magic.
>> >

>> i don't understand what the output of Grantlee template generator is;
>> is it a data model for a QTableView that then can be rendered to an
>> image, is it an image, or something else?
>

> an html file. nothing more than this.

so for the built-in printing, i assume we need to load the file (/text
?) into a rendering entity like QTextDocument or QWebPage and then
produce a QPicture / QPixmap that can be fed to QPrinter?
do you think that QTextDocument will suffice or WebKit will be needed?
from what i tested at some point the built-in HTML subset wasn't
optimal for more complicated input.

lubomir