GSOC 2015: Touch UI Port (Android)

Umang Arora umang12168 at iiitd.ac.in
Thu Mar 5 12:04:55 PST 2015

Hello

I am Umang Arora, pursuing my Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science
Engineering from IIIT DELHI India. I am really interested in working on the
project titled “*Touch UI Port (Android)” *under your idea page for GSOC
2015. I am comfortable in c, c++, Java, Python, PHP, Ruby on Rails,
JavaScript, CSS, HTML, MySQL etc.

I have worked on various web development and android projects till date and
have good experience in backend as well as front end programming. At
present I am working on a SaaS project and another SNMP based occupancy
management and analysis portal. You can go through my Github profile for
the same: https://github.com/umangarora.

One thing that excites me about this project is that we are expected to use
C/C++ for android unlike java which is commonly in practice. Considering my
current project I am working on is also purely in C and C++, this would be
a perfect project for me.

For my proposal I would really love to get a head start from you guys. I
would really appreciate if any of you would guide me forward and let me
know about bugs to start from considering the projects I am interested in
and any other documentation I must go through while working on this project.

*Umang Arora*
IIIT-Delhi <http://www.iiitd.ac.in/>