Customizable Print Formats GSoC 2015

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 02:47:25 PST 2015

On 6 March 2015 at 01:52, Gehad Elrobey <gehadelrobey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I managed to print a QTextDocument directly after generating the HTML code
> by Grantlee with Qt5.
> I attached a pdf of the print out.

great,
you also try to render it in a QWebPage if you want to test that out.

based on experiments from a couple of years ago, i'm 90% sure that we
are going to need WebKit (i.e. via QWebPage) rendering to suit our
needs!
QTextDocument is a bit limited.

also it would be nice to spark some discussions by doing a UI mockup,
which is my biggest concern ATM:
- what are going to present to the user in terms of UI / dialogs etc,
i assume we can start with a text box for the Grantlee template
generator input
- how are we going to interface the table / profile separation and
options - would a couple of Grantlee separate templates work for that
(one for the table print, one for the profile + table print).
- NxM layouts?
- profile on top / table on bottom
- etc...

what we should aim for is to pretty much replicate what we have ATM in
terms of printing (as the default template / option, if you will),
while enabling customization.

lubomir