Customizable Print Formats GSoC 2015

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 03:29:07 PST 2015

On 6 March 2015 at 13:13, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:

> On 06.03.2015, at 10:31, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:
>
> As far as i can understand http://qt-project.org/wiki/QtWebEngine , Qt's
> html renderer is based on chromium so i don't think its lacking any
> bells and whistles.
>

> I am glad to hear that. Still we need it to describe a printed page rather
> (with elements to grow/shrink to fit paper sizes etc) than an page in a web
> browser. As a start, I just tried to produce some simple example with
> LibreOfficeWriter and save that as html but the output is not even close to
> the way the document looked.

yeah, HTML is really only well fit for web browsers and as everyone
knows when you print a web-page it may look *a bit* different in terms
of layout / scaling etc.
we are going to need some experiments with Grantlee and a renderer
(e.g. WebKit) to see to what extent we can get it to be WYSIWYG.

lubomir