Off Topic -- slightly. Dive Computers

Steve Butler kg7je at comcast.net
Fri Mar 6 08:51:26 PST 2015

Any updates to Linus' Dive Computer ramblings regarding the Cobalt2
and/or Eon Steel?  Other color, air-integrated DCs folks would recommend?

Wanita and I have been using Cobras for the last three years.  But we
can't see the backlight at depth (or in our living rooms) and shining a
dive light on it produces a lot of glare unless the angle is just right.

We've both had cataract surgery and I've had a detached retina repaired
(yes, the surgeon specifically agreed I could dive).  Then there is
something about four and three score orbits of Sol. Definitely want
color and lighted.  Our experience at 120' last Sunday while narced
convinced me we'll never dive deep with the Cobra as the primary DC
again.  I'm even debating if I want to allow it as the secondary (note,
I don't have a secondary now).

--Steve

PS  We'll finish our deep specialty after  the new DC is tested out.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
kg7je at comcast.net
kg7je at arrl.net