Customizable Print Formats GSoC 2015

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 09:20:15 PST 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> i think, before you start writing the proposal users should provide
> feedback on what level of customization they want from the print
> layouting.
> Davide, Robert - any ideas?

Thank you Lubomir for taking me in account :)

I haven't tested Subsurface printing capabilities very much and I
never had the needs for printing except a couple of times.

I found myself several times to make a printscreen to quickly share a
dive via email with my friends.
So this is really an area of improvement.
Maybe saving it to an html file and then using the pdf printer I have
on Win7 is a little bit long but effective.
Would be nice having the possibility to create a pdf on the fly.

As a java programmer, in the past I had to print several docs with
great details The only solution I found was using some opensource PDF
libraries. But they were mostly text documents not graphics. It was
the most hi-fi printing soultion I found cross platform.

PS
I had to install TeX on a Windows server last months: a PITA and very huge.

Bye
--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos