Off Topic -- slightly. Dive Computers

Steve Butler kg7je at comcast.net
Fri Mar 6 09:25:56 PST 2015

On 03/06/2015 09:02 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Mar 6, 2015 8:51 AM, "Steve Butler" <kg7je at comcast.net
> <mailto:kg7je at comcast.net>> wrote:
> >
> > Any updates to Linus' Dive Computer ramblings regarding the Cobalt2
> and/or Eon Steel?  Other color, air-integrated DCs folks would recommend?
>
> I updated my ramblings by adding the A300CS (do *not* buy) and the EON
> Steel (I like it, but wish it was thinner and lighter).
>
> See
>
> http://subsurface-divelog.org/misc/dive-computer-ramblings/linus-dive-computer-ramblings/

I read it in detail last night on the train home.  I've heard that in
the water the EON doesn't feel that heavy.  Wanita may not want
something that big on her arm (she's around 5' tall) but it would fit me
fine (I'm 6'3" and a lot overweight).

> For the current version. Dirk has his own ramblings too
>
> I don't have anything new on the Cobalt, since I still haven't
> actually used it on a dive. But I haven't heard anything bad about it,
> and if you like the hose based approach and don't mind that it's a bit
> bulky, it's definitely one of the top choices. It's easy to use and
> very readable.

Your thoughts on carrying a 2nd on each dive?  I've been tempted to sell
the Cobra and buy both the EON and COBAL2 (not in same year).

>         Linus

Thank you for the feedback.