GSoC Project: Native Bluetooth support for Linux and/or Windows

Purity Musyoki purity.syoks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 06:34:50 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> just saw that,
> still wondering what the GSoC idea implies.

If I understand it well, it means that currently Subsurface connects to
bluetooth computers
using serial emulation, and the need of the GSoC idea is to expand the
current bluetooth
implementation to include device discovery and other features. To quote the
email on the
 libdivecomputer list:

" I have arrived at a point where I have a functional implementation
for windows
and linux.
With functional, I mean I'm able to connect to the dive computer and
successfully download
dives. What is still missing is device discovery, which means you have to
figure out the bluetooth
address of the device manually. Certainly not perfect yet, but it does work!
"

> lubomir
> --

Purity Musyoki