GSoC Project: Native Bluetooth support for Linux and/or Windows

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Mon Mar 9 06:36:26 PDT 2015

On 2015-03-09 14:05, Tommi Saviranta wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 15:33:24 +0300, Purity Musyoki wrote:
>> In the ideas page, it is noted that there is some sample code of what
>> has been done so far regarding the [native] bluetooth idea. I have
>> gone through the source code for the Subsurface project, but I am
>> unable to find the bluetooth downloader code.
>
> Perhaps you're looking for the following email and attached patches:
>
> http://libdivecomputer.org/pipermail/devel/2014-May/000285.html
>
> With those patches libdivecomputer works nicely with my Petrel.
> Subsurface GUI also works - even if it requires some persuation.

I created a libdivecomputer ticket and attached the latest patches
there. The last patch in the email (#0006) is completely outdated.

http://trac.libdivecomputer.org/ticket/14

Basically I have a working proof of concept (including the device
discovery), for Linux and Windows. What's still missing is the Mac OS X
support, and the proper integration in libdivecomputer. The latter is
blocked on the libdivecomputer api redesign.

Jef