GSOC 2015 proposal

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Mar 9 14:42:55 PDT 2015

On Sat, Mar 07, 2015 at 07:42:41PM +0530, Yash Kumar wrote:
> Hello,
> I am a college student who has an idea for android app. I will get straight
> to my app.
> I propose an idea of bus tracking using the GPS receiver in our
> smartphones. We can simply use google maps to pin point the location of
> that particular bus the user wants.
> So, I am thinking of proposing this idea in GSOC 2015. But wanted to
> contact you guys to know if this proposal is acceptable or not. Please
> reply asap.

It's possible that you are confused how GSoC works.
Subsurface will only accept proposals that are related to what we do
(which is a dive log program). Regardless how interesting a "bus tracking"
project might be, it's certainly in no way related to what we do. So no,
to Subsurface this would not be an acceptable proposal.