Adding integration with more online dive logs GSoC 2015

Yosef Hamza jo.adam.93 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 05:54:48 PDT 2015

Hey subsurface,

My name is Yousef Hamza, and I'm 3rd year CESS student, I already have
contributions to subsurface the desktop app and the iOS app.

I'm interested in adding integration to subsurface with established online
dive logs,
In the description "diveboard.com" was mentioned I googled a little bit
more to find what else out there.

I made this list of other online dive logs that also provide REST APIs, I
don know they fit with subsurface or not as of now, Anyway here's
the list:

-diveseven.com (Their API still in beta)
-dive.io

So before starting to write the proposal I have a couple of questions:

1_ The mentor isn't announced yet, but Is there someone who are most likely
will
mentor that project?

2_ How important this project to subsurface?

3_ What will be a satisfying output for you? and Is it include some of the
websites
from the list I mentioned above?

Thanks in advance.

§Yousef