Uwatec Smartrak dive log decoding

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 16:01:14 PDT 2015

Good night Willem

Please, forgive my delay.  I didn't see your mail until this morning, and I
really hate mailing with smartphones.

:

> I have been working with Galileo logs lately. In which ways do the
> SmartTrak dive logs differ from the raw binary logs downloaded from the
> Uwatec DC?

Nothing at all.  SmartTrak Dives table includes the whole raw data divided
in two fields, one for the header and another for the profile.  Join them
and you'll have a full dive as downloaded from the dc, as Jeff pointed out
in bugtrack #194.

> I can reasonable easily get SmartTrak logs for you but I suspect that this
> is not what you are wanting?

Every single log is welcome, specially those from Galileo devices (I've
none from theese), and those with SCR/CCR dives, tech dives with multiple
gases, etc.

In particular, I am interested in the way that the Uwatec events are
> handled in Smartrac.

That is a strange way, e.g.  gaschange events are not shown on SmartTrak
profile but they are there, libdc parses them correctly and are shown in
Subsurface.  BTW  a Smartrak profile may be full with alarms but libdc
doesn't show anyone.  And some events on SmartTrak profile seem to be
generated on the fly by the software (e.g. exceding duration limit, depth
limit or even pO2 limit).

If you need some raw data files to work with, I can build you a bunch of
them. It will only take a few code lines on what I already have (but if you
want them to be Galileo dives you will have to send me the logs first
;-)  as I told Davide, in the worst you will end with the dives imported in
subsurface ).

Regards.

Salva.