Uwatec Smartrak dive log decoding

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Fri Mar 13 06:24:51 PDT 2015

On 2015-03-13 00:01, Salvador Cuñat wrote:
>> I can reasonable easily get SmartTrak logs for you but I suspect that
>> this
>> is not what you are wanting?
>
> Every single log is welcome, specially those from Galileo devices (I've
> none from theese), and those with SCR/CCR dives, tech dives with
> multiple
> gases, etc.

If anyone needs data files for testing, just ask me! I have data
available from nearly all models supported by libdivecomputer.

[Note that many of those memory dumps contain personal information (like
home addresses, telephone numbers and so on), so unfortunately I can't
really make the data publicly available. But I can provide access to
developers on request.]

Anyway, more data is always welcome! Especially when some of the less
common features are used, like multiple gasmixes, multiple pressure
transmitters, gauge/freedive mode, SCR/CCR dives etc. The more data we
have, the better we can avoid regressions in libdivecomputer...

>> In particular, I am interested in the way that the Uwatec events are
>> handled in Smartrac.
>
> That is a strange way, e.g.  gaschange events are not shown on
> SmartTrak
> profile but they are there, libdc parses them correctly and are shown
> in
> Subsurface.  BTW  a Smartrak profile may be full with alarms but libdc
> doesn't show anyone.  And some events on SmartTrak profile seem to be
> generated on the fly by the software (e.g. exceding duration limit,
> depth
> limit or even pO2 limit).

If you look carefully, you can notice gaschange events in smarttrak. On
the graph there is a line that represents the MOD. A change there is an
indication for a gas change. Unless the change in oxygen content is
really small :-)

But you're right, in general events are not visualized very well in
smarttrak. That makes them rather difficult to reverse engineer.

Jef