GSOC 2015

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Sat Mar 14 06:27:11 PDT 2015

Rick,

> On 14 Mar 2015, at 13:30, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Someone should also check there are no licence issues using it. I think the fortran code is free but not gnu.

part of the project is (at least from my perspective) not to somehow embed the FORTRAN code into subsurface but to attempt a rewrite as hopefully that would clear up how the algorithm works (the original program is very much in a spaghetti tradition) and would document it better in that way. If we achieve that, copyright might not so much be an issue only possibly patents (which do not exist for VPM-B as far as I can see).

Best
Robert