[GSoC 2015] Introduction

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 14:36:30 PDT 2015

Hi there,

I believe that it is time to introduce myself and to let you know that
I intend to apply for the idea "Native Bluetooth support for Linux
and/or Windows" - GSoC 2015.

My name is Claudiu Olteanu and I am a bachelor student at the University
Politechnica of Bucharest. I have a strong background in C language and
some bluetooth experience from GSoC 2013 edition where I implemented a
bluetooth transport plugin for GNUnet organization.

Until today I managed to build the sources on a Linux platform, to play
a little with the interface and to watch the tutorial. Unfortunately I'm
not a diver and I don't understand all the terms but I have faith that
I will learn all of them soon. I also fixed an issue (probably the
easiest one :) ) and I hope that I will continue my contribution.
Since the idea should be implemented both on Linux and Windows I decided
to build the project for the last platform too. As I expected this
process is not as easy as the one for Linux but I am confident that
I will succeed.

I also want to know if:
- some ideas have a higher priority than others to be accepted, or the
difference will be made by the applications;
- I should talk here details about the implementation or I should contact
the mentor assigned for the bluetooth idea;
- I can publish my proposal here when it will be in a good shape to
receive some feedback.

Happy hacking!
Claudiu