GSOC 2015

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 22:06:50 PDT 2015

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 7:18 PM, Anjali Shally <shally.hp5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

 Hello Anjali,

I start by copying Tomaz's previous response to similar introduction:

---8<---
try to understand our codebase and see what needed datastructures will be
needed,
compile the software and open a few dive files to see how everything works
try to fix a bug or improve something before summer of code, this will tell
us that you can indeed program.
---8<---

We have a two patch rule to qualify, more information is available on our
GSoC idealist page [1]. There is also a link to our bug tracker with some
bugs marked as easy fix [2]. These are a good place to start familiarizing
with the code. I am sure we have a couple of people on the mailing list who
are really interested in this feature and are able to give some idea what
our users want from the asset management.

[1] http://trac.subsurface-divelog.org/wiki/Subsurface_GSOC_2015_Idea_List
[2] http://trac.subsurface-divelog.org/report/13

HTH,
miika