GSOC 2015

Thomas Schrein thomas at schrein.com
Mon Mar 16 07:54:26 PDT 2015

Robert,
Rick,

we are also very interested to have VPM running on a real diving
computer; that's one reason, we build our oDiCo project based on a
CORTEX M4 kernel, we are using a STM32F4, that has a build in FPU to
speed up floating point operations.

We think it is very important for divers to know about the deco modell
they are diving with. In former times Bühlmann's model was well
documented and dive computers, like the ALADIN, worked close related to
the diving tables based an the Bühlmann model.
When diving with modern deco models, like Suunto's RGBM, I am always in
doubt about the "thoughts" of my diving computer, because these modern
models are closed shop, no way to check the proper operation.

We think it is time for the open source idea also in diving computers,
for the planning of a dive as well as for the dive itself in real time.
An good structured, well documented  open source implementation of VPM-B
as a C-Lib would have the chance to get a proven modern bubble deco
algorithms, that could be used in desktop computers and  also in diving
computers.
I could be evaluated by a lots of peoples ...

Your comments?

Tom