Which protocol to implement on a home brewed diving computer ?

Long, Martin martin at longhome.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 07:59:39 PDT 2015

> I agree with Linus that UDDF is the definition of bloated. Otoh it sees to be the least common divisor if a lot of software in this sector.

If you do decide to go the UDDF route (and I strongly recommend you
don't), then get in touch with me. We're currently on a 'beta' version
of the UDDF spec, which isn't yet published. This might seem quite
irregular, but it doesn't introduce changes to the format - it simply
fixes errata in the published spec, including a number of
inconsistencies between the spec and the XSD schema.