segfault adding images + problems with locations

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Mar 16 10:15:05 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 05:11:13PM +0000, Pedro Neves wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> Using Subsurface version 4.4.1-225-g0d77b921eb11 I have a segfault when
> adding images to my dive.
> I select a dive, then load images:
>
> - I get an error message on the load image dialog saying that "not all
> images have timestamps between 30 minutes before the start and 30 minutes
> after the end of any selected dive", although they have.

Yes, there's definitely something wrong with the logic there.
I'm waiting to hear back from Jan on this one.

> - If I shift the image times (e.g. 1 hour later and then back to 0:00) the
> error message disapears.
> - when I press ok, Subsurface crashes with a segfault

That sucks. Any chance you can run this under a debugger and get us a back
trace?

> Also, after I download a dive from my dive computer (Uwatec Tec 2G), I'm
> trying to insert the information for the dive site. I write the name of the
> site and press manage.
> On the divesite dialog, all fields are empty. I insert the information (name
> and coordinates) When I press "Apply changes".
>  I get back to the notes tab. The location field has the name of my dive
> site (in yellow). I press "Apply changes" changes, but the divesite doesn't
> show up on the map, and if I select another dive, the location I've just
> inserted disapears.

This hasn't been implemented, yet. Sorry.
The current development version is not all that useful for actual work -
which is why I haven't made another daily build...