[GSoC 2015] An introduction

Harshal Jalan harshal.jalan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 05:48:21 PDT 2015

Hi,
I want to introduce myself to all of you. I am Harshal Jalan. I am a
freshman, doing my B. Tech.at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
Bombay, India. I would be applying for two projects, both under subsurface.
One is for implementing the VPM algorithm in c/c++ and the other is for
enhancing CCR support.

I have successfully built subsurface on Ubuntu and tried some tinkering
around using Qt creator. I am trying to solve #839 (addition of another
stop at 5m/15ft).

I have been coding in C++ and embedded C for about six months and I still
have a lot of coding to learn. I have been coding in embedded C as part of
a group (we are making a student satellite!) so I have an experience
similar to Open source coding, but this is my first foray into open source
coding. I have already learnt a lot of things while preparing for the GSoC
application and am really excited about it. I am here to learn coding from
the subsurface community and, eventually, contribute to the FOSS community.

Harshal Jalan

PS I am not a diver but i would really like to learn diving one day...!