HighPressureLogger, Odometer/ Re: Which protocol to implement on a home brewed diving computer ?

Fri Mar 20 07:24:51 PDT 2015

Am 19.03.2015 um 23:20 schrieb Davide DB:

> Is it so difficult to have a sensibly smaller sensor than today?

Theoretically speaking: If it is custom made, we can try optimize for a
small size. In principle the size depends

  * on the parts that need to be covered by the housing (piezo-sensor,
    electronic, battery, connector, ..)
  * the pressure to resist on
  * the material used (brass)
  * the manufactoring process (turning machine, miller, etc).

I think we can minimise the size and give it a shape that fits better to
an application like diving in caves.

Using industry sensors needs probably more space,  we use that pressure
transmitter at the moment;
http://www.automation24.de/prozesssensoren/elektronischer-drucksensor-automation24-pc6706-i10-374-0.htm
We prepare a dive test for the next 2 month.

> Do you plan to add a O2 sensor monitor?

Yes.
We made a proof of concept for an old military O2-rebreather (RG-UF).
The electrical part is easy the do. The mechanical parts depends on the
application.
http://www.skin-diver.org/sdiv/bastelecke/ppo2-monitor.html

> Davide at mobile
>
> Il 19/mar/2015 20:09 "Robert C. Helling" <helling at atdotde.de
> <mailto:helling at atdotde.de>> ha scritto:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     On 19 Mar 2015, at 18:30, Thomas Schrein (mailinglists)
>     <tsx508 at schrein.de <mailto:tsx508 at schrein.de>> wrote:
>
>     > About the sensor: as a first idea we found
>     this:http://www.amsys.info/sheets/amsys.en.me501_d.e.pdf
>     > May you have an other sensor from the sensor company ?
>
>     Did you see the MSG3500 from the same Swiss manufacturer:
>     www.servoflo.com/power/download/283/556/17.html
>     <http://www.servoflo.com/power/download/283/556/17.html>
>     This seems to be specifically for scuba applications already with
>     the correct port for first stage fitting.

Don't know it, we will check.

>     Too bad I cannot find a dealer/price quote.

Let's first check if applicable, then ask for the price.

Thomas