[GSoC 2015] Project proposal

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 05:56:22 PDT 2015

On 19 March 2015 at 09:11, Claudiu Olteanu <olteanu.claudiu at ymail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just finished my proposal. It would be very useful if you can give
> me some feedback.
>
> The application can be found on [1] link. I didn't write it in this e-mail
> because I was afraid that it will lose the format.

hello,

the application proposal is rather short, but then again this is a
rather technical topic and there isn't much to say. though, it does
hint that you are knowledgeable of the topic.

but we need to make some decisions first...
we need to decide if Qt BT is the way to go. BlueZ and the Microsoft
stack are essentially already used in Qt BT, and Qt BT also supports
OSX which we are interested in.

in the other thread we have discussed libDC vs Qt BT, and my personal
opinion is that Subsurface is not the place for Bluetooth stack
implementations - libdivecomputer is.
Qt BT can be integrated as an optional layer in Subsurface and the
libDC parser can be fed raw data, but the problem is that the parser
demands some low level device info (as far as i understood from Jeff).

not up to me to decide, but i don't see the need to use BlueZ and the
MS Stack at all - the BT module in Subsurface can be based on Qt and
eventually libDC can support the same functionality which will make
the module obsolete.

once the decisions are made you can update the application.
also it would be much better if you provide some simple code / module
organization details (classes, files, callbacks, etc) and perhaps a
simple block diagram.

thanks
lubomir